Kamarudin Bin Mohamed Nordin
- MBA in Management from West Coast University
- BTEC Higher National Diploma in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering from Wigan and Leigh College, United Kingdom.
- BTEC National Diploma in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering from Wigan and Leigh College, United Kingdom.
- Certificate in Mechanical Drafting from MARA Technical Institute, Malaysia
Mobile: +60 173456769/ 123203577, Landline: +60123203577
A motivated, adaptable and responsible Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineer with an MBA, offering his professional skills and technical know-how developed through 22.5 over years of his past work experiences in various fields to deliver comprehensive revenue generation and growth opportunities.
A result driven achievement oriented resourceful professional worked till recently as a Supplier Quality Project Manager and offers nearly 22½ years experience including 7+ years international exposure largely in manufacturing and quality with proven track record in leveraging domain expertise to develop and implement quality management systems as well as conduct quality audits in diverse oil & gas, automotive, and electronic industry.
F Process Improvement: Proficiency in managing multicultural discipline such as Quality Tools, Quality Audits, 8D, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, FMEA, Kaizen, SOP, 5S, Health & Safety, ISO QMS standards; with methodical with hands-on-experience as certified Green Belt holder to generate savings in multiple projects.
F Technical Aptitude: Demonstrated capabilities in Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerance (GDT) to manufacture machined parts, conform to ISO 9001 & TS 16949 requirements to achieve operational excellence; Engaged in technology transfers from various countries with extensive global work exposure in Singapore, Canada, UK, Norway, USA, and South Korea
F Training & Development: Manage teams, appointed as internal trainer for subject of Auditing and Supplier Assessment Manufacturing and being mentor for various 6 Sigma project for continuous improvement activities for business excellence
F New Product Development: Implement strategy to design and develop new products and engage to set up and establish requirements for new products and offer solutions to meet customer needs, fully committed to execute on key deliverables
F Team Player: Possess excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical skill for decision making and problem solving, Prowess to deal with supplier management in difficult situations
· Reported to the Head- Supply Chain and led a team of 3, to track & execute product and technology transfers for Artificial Lift (AL) and Reservoir Monitoring Characterization (RMC), comprising 24 part numbers of High Level Assembly (HLA) for surface equipment & control units to meet company’s objectives as per the set Key Performance Indicators-
· Monitored and followed up the Clean to Build (CTB) for raw materials and maintained line readiness for First Article (FA) submission for project transfer.
· Reviewed all First Article (FA) submissions prior to customer or field approvals.
· Set up the inspection criteria requirements for source inspection of completed units and checked batch manufacturing lots.
· Implemented and approved local source part qualification and reviewed local content.
· Ensured suppliers follow all procedures and Assembly Build Instructions (ABI) and documented the same.
· Reviewed supplier Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) and Process Control Plan (PCPP) before, during and after completion of each stage.
· Conducted supplier risk and capability assessment for new and existing suppliers.
· Arranged QMS- Quality Management System inspection for existing and second tier suppliers.
· Developed and coached the supplier’s operator in visual criteria to meet field practical use norms.
· Evaluated product related Non Compliance Report (NCR) and implemented corrective action using 8D.
· Involved in review of past field complaints and driven steps to improve new set up with suppliers.
· Managed supplier to achieve performance targets and met top management expectations
· Organised daily review meetings to track project progress and and implemented action plan to meet all timelines and developed sound counter measures whenever dates were missed.
· Coordinated, verified, qualified and trained all the respective personnel involved in the set up and launch of the product
· Handled development of dFMEA and pFMEA on new and engineering change activity.
· Developed and trained all relevant personnel in process control and standard operating procedures (SOP).
· Monitored stability of manufacturing line and driven efforts for continuous improvement in project with supplier.
· Conducted Process Audit at supplier's site to ensure procedure are followed by suppliers.
· Made noteworthy contribution to single handedly transfer artificial lifts segment for product & technology transfer from Edmonton, Canada to a supplier in Penang within 6 months despite manpower constraints.
· Successfully executed project for total transfer of manufacturing technology from Canada to Malaysia, involving 24 part numbers of electronics module to be fitted and used for artificial lifts in oil & gas industries, with project valued at US$ 25 Million; Ably revised work instruction, conducted pilot test for line qualification, with certification body review to integrate field proven lifting solution platform that includes REDA electric submersible pumping systems and Camco gas lift and subsurface safety systems for enhanced well production
· Adroitly completed project transfer from Canada ahead of targeted dateline in spite of delays suffered previous to taking charge, steering overall activities for line set up, process documentation, part qualification, and SPC for mass production.
Schlumberger Seismic Manufacturing Sdn. Bhd. Penang, Malaysia (Apr 2011- Mar 2014)
Supplier Quality Centre Manager, Penang Product Centre
Spearheaded 6 sigma project to reduce quality failure for incoming area, Client: Schlumberger WesternGeco, Malaysia, project value US$ 80000 as per the specified Key Performance Matrices-
· Revisited design and process to improve the quality of buoyancy used in exploration activity in geophysical services; Drawn and developed critical control plan with supplier and introduced changes for process improvement; re-validated and re-certified product after implementing process changes in product inspection method.
Schlumberger Oilfield, Stonehouse Technical Center, Stonehouse, UK
Team Leader- Supplier Quality Engineer (Dec 2009- Mar 2011)
Supplier Quality Engineer (Jul 2007- Dec 2009)
Steered 6 Sigma project to reorganize order and inventory control level & minimize rejects onsite (GBP 1.5 Million)
Improved practices to minimize inventory holding cost and reduce the onsite rejection quantity, with lesser paperwork on handling rejections; Coordinated all the stock count activity and develop a new process that requires the Supplier Quality Engineer to review supplier inspection data before making any shipments to the locations.
Piloted 6 Sigma Project to reduce workmanship failure at suppliers, for client: LPE Tooling, Beverly, UK
Reviewed and established root cause analysis on occurrence of workmanship failure at supplier’s location, involving suppliers 4M (Man, Machine, Method and Material); suggested improvement include simplification of inspection and reviewed design requirements; led and trained personnel on how to conduct proper inspections and improve the handling method used at suppliers to avoid damage due to workmanship.
· Played a critical role in the set up of a robust SQE department in Schlumberger UK & Malaysia.
· Initiated steps to achieve Supplier Quality Improvement Program for Global Supplier, which resulted in savings exceeding US$ 200000 per annum.
· As team lead for Quality Steering Committee for Supply Chain, effectively completed multiple project transfers in manufacturing from Canada, USA and Norway.
· Successfully implemented Part and Process Qualification Procedure (PPQP) in Schlumberger on global scale.
· Developed systems to reduce reject rate in manufacturing after transfers from 11.5% to 1.5% within a short duration of 12 months
Auto Industries Corporation Sdn. Bhd., Shah Alam, Malaysia (Sep 2005- Apr 2007)
Senior Quality Manager
· Reported to the Managing Director and led a team of 7 to manage the Quality Department in 3 different auto ancillary factories involved in Plastic Injection Molding, Assembly and Manufacturing of Sunvisor, and Head Lining as per the set Key Performance Parameters-
· Spearhead the product transfer and New Product Introduction (NPI) for new part number for automotive products.
· Prepare and review all documentation for APQP (Advance Product Quality Planning and PPAP (Pre-Production Approval Process) for customer submission.
· Review Cost of Poor Quality in each factory and develop improvement action plan
· Respond to customer complaint and verify rejection from customers
· Review and investigate all Warranty claims ites submitted by service center.
· Successfully attained TS 16949 certification for 4 different factories within a 12 month period.
· Deftly revamped the quality function to reduce warranty claims by 15% during the period
· Selected among the 7 best OEM suppliers of Proton based on the quality performance record.
Ford Motor Company Ltd., Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia (Mar 2003- Aug 2005)
Plant Quality Manager
Reported to the Plant Manager and led a team of 24, to oversee the quality department in the assembly plant
Conducted daily product reviews with production and other departments and driven efforts to improve products on a daily basis.
Undertaken product reviews activity with production personnel and identified root cause of mistakes.
Scanned and investigated all warranty claims submitted by service center to diagnose defect types that may require extensive study to prevent its re-occurrence.
Participated in global improvement activity for Ford and Mazda car models
Championed Six Sigma Projects to sustain continuous improvement activity in plant.
Successfully revamped quality systems to reduce Things Goes Wrong (TGW) rating from 4200 to 1432 within 2 years, in the TGW survey conducted by external body hired by Ford USA.
Instrumental in driving efforts to streamline QMS practices that helped achieve the prestigious TS 16949 certification, thereby becoming the first auto assembly plant in Malaysia to obtain this rare distinction.
Initiated steps to set up an inspection bay and developed criteria for CBU cars imported by Ford Malaysia
Autovisor Plastics Sdn. Bhd. Ltd., Shah Alam, Malaysia (Sep 2001- Mar 2003)
· Reported to the Operations Manager and led a team of 5, manage the quality department for Autovisor Plastics and Brimal Holdings and developed new procedures for the company
· Handled customer complaints and tracked parts warranty.
· Successfully completed QMS migration from ISO 9001 to QS 9000 and thereafter to TS169495 with certifications for 5 separate plants including for suppliers.
· Played a pivotal role to achieve QS 9000 certification in 2002.
· Made significant contributions to develop a quality culture and selected among the top 5 companies in quality practices for Proton, Malaysia
Western Digital, Malaysia (1997- 2001)
Incoming Quality Engineer/ Supplier Quality Engineer
Nissan Motor Ltd., Malaysia (1994- 1997)
Role: Spearheaded cost reduction program and accomplished cost saving of RM 56, 000 per month.
Accreditation's / Training
· Attended training programme on auditing skills for quality
· Participated in training module on procedure and SOP development
· Completed APICS- 1 course, on basics of Supply Chain Management conducted by Schlumberger, Singapore
· Undergone training module on QHSE 2 conducted by Schlumberger Seismic Manufacturing, Malaysia
· Attended seminar on WesternGeco- geophysical services company and the world of seismic, organised by Schlumberger, Malaysia
· Completed intermediate level training on Microsoft Excel 2010 held at G.C. Training Centre
· Completed course to understand the law and application of the Employment Act 1955
· Participated in a training workshop on Ishikawa, Why Analysis
· Attended training seminar on 6 Thinking Hats facilitated by Dr. Edward D. Bono
· Lean Six Sigma - LSS Green Belt Certified by Schlumberger UK and Ford Motor Company, Australia
· Undergone training session on leadership skills conducted by Sime Darby Group
· Undergone training module on Lean Manufacturing Method conducted by Ford Motor Company
· Completed Lead Auditors training conducted by RwTUV
· Underwent training sessions on Advance Product and Quality Planning- APQP conducted by VA Solution
· Undergone intermediate level training module on Statistical Process Control, conducted by VA Solution
· Underwent training programme on Failure Mode and Effect Analysis- FMEA, conducted by VA Solution
· Attended training workshop on KAIZEN, conducted by Japanese Organization Development Committee
· Participated in Power Leadership programme facilitated by Lawrence Walter Ang
· Attended a training programme on introduction to TS16949
· Participated in workshop on business writing skills organised by the Write Place
· Attended a training workshop on public speaking, conducted by JT Foxx
· Attended training seminar on how to correct employees behaviour
· Attended training workshop on 5S conducted by Nissan Malaysia
· Attended training seminar on Art and Science of Information Management for Peak Performance
· Participated in a training programme on understanding ISO 9000 conducted by SIRIM- Scientific and Industrial Research Institute of Malaysia
· Masters Degree in Business Administration, West Coast University, USA, Twin program with Mantissa College, Taman Tun Dr. Ismail, Kuala Lumpur, 3.17 CGPA (2006)
· Higher National Diploma in Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering, Wigan and Leigh College, UK (1994) granted 100% MARA Scholarship
· National Diploma in Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering, Wigan and Leigh College, UK (1992)
granted 100% MARA Scholarship
· Certificate course in Mechanical Drafting, MARA Technical Institute, Malaysia (1991)
Date of Birth : 6th Dec 1970
Languages Known : English, Bahasa Malay and Bahasa Indonesia
Computer Literacy : Microsoft Office (Words, Excel & Power Point)
Nationality : Malaysian
Driving License : valid in UK and Malaysia